Dolls are not just for kids anymore!
I have a great collection of old wooden
toy blocks that are just perfect for creating
As you may have seen in a previous post- Wooden Art Houses I have used them to create altered houses.
This lovely lady is my first art doll assemblage.
When I started the project, I had no idea where I was going with it- feeling the ideas would flow as they needed to, and they did.
HOW SHE WAS CREATED
I started with a rectangular block for the body- this one was colored red. Using Staz On black ink, the sides of the block was stamped with my favoirte script stamp. The next step was to look thorugh my scrapbook paper scraps and select a few to cover the front and back of the body. The front is layered with 3 papers, which were distressed with Ranger Distress Ink and lightly painted with gelatos.
The arms were made with cardboard, painted and outlined in charcoal. 3D paint was
used to make the red dots and blue lines at the bottom, The dots were outlined with
Gelattos and oil pastels were used to add color to the back of the body. The face was
handpainted on paper that was glued to a round flat wood knob. A hole was drilled into
the bottom of the face and center of the top of body. The dowel was glued into place
with E6000, an old nut was used to anchor the dowel.
Three holes were drilled at the top of the head to hold an old nut, and screw, which were
all glued down. A turquoise bead was glued to the head of the screw. 3 lenghts
of multicolored glitter fiber was cut for each screw. Each segment of fiber was knotted
around the screw to create the hair.
The legs were done like the neck, with dowels. Holes were drilled on the bottom of the body and on the top of the body block. They were glued into place, again old nuts were added to the dowels, where they met the body. Two small wood blocks were glued into place at the front and back of the legs.
In my stash of odds and ends I found a small lock and key- and glued this to the front of the body. This embellishment is inspired the title Unlock Your Dreams.
The base block was painted and distressed. On old pattern paper, the words were stamped with Staz On Black ink.
To finish the project, a polyacrylic sealer was applied.