Reusing and repurposing materials in interesting ways to include in art work and jewelry making is something I love to do.
I have been teaching beginner's jewelry making classes at Chimayo Gallery in Perkasie, PA.
Each month we explore a different theme, and the next series coming up is Game Piece Jewelry. Using dominos, puzzle pieces and poker chips, we will be creating some fun pieces.
Here is one of them!
So don't throw out your kids old puzzles, instead use them to make a necklace.
HOW THIS WAS MADE
- A hole was drilled in the top center of a the puzzle piece.
- It was covered with scrapbook paper on the front and a page from an old book on the back
- Front and back were distressed with Ranger distress inks.
- They were then sealed with a polyacrylic finish.
- A dangle charm was attached.
- A necklace chain was made using beads and wire.
SO use your imagination, and make some fun pieces yourself.
Below are a few more pictures.